Thursday, May 27, 2004

Not So Chipper | The Atlanta Braves who come to the Park tonight to open a four-game set are starting to look like those late-'80s Braves teams that really sucked, observes Jim Salisbury in the Inquirer today. I'm sure I speak for the entire baseball world outside of Buckhead when I say: Awwwwww.

Meanwhile, both the Inky and Daily News report that mending closer Billy Wagner is having a substantial difference of opinion with the Phils' oddly mustachioed trainer, Jeff Cooper, over Wagner's rehabilitation from back spasms and a groin injury. Coop doesn't talk to the media -- who the hell does he think he is, Steve Carlton? -- so we're left just with Wagner's side of the story. Manager Larry Bowa backs his player, which is the smart move, since, after all, Billy Wagner is a hell of a lot more important to the Phillies' World Series chances than Jeff Cooper. PhilliesBlog has an appropriate take on the matter:

This annoys me, but in the end I really just don't care. I don't care if they start kicking each others' asses, as long as Wagner gets better.

If Wagner weren't getting along with Bowa, or some of the other players, that would be a different story. But right now, although I like both Wagner and Jeff Cooper, I don't care what their relationship is.

2 Comments:

At December 10, 2005 at 7:05 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Creative blog. I just kept looking at it over and
over! Im always looking for blogs like this!
Where you been? You have got to look at my Discover Credit Card blog!

 
At January 19, 2006 at 12:44 AM, Blogger screwed-up said...

Sensational blog. I took pleasure in the site and I
will go back! Surfing online for blogs like this one
is worth my time.
Search for my cash advance detroit blog, it will leave you speechless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home