Sunday, June 20, 2004

One Year, Four Days, 15 Hours, and 45 Minutes Later

Just over a year ago, seeking to boost my sagging personal writing life, I hung out my shingle here. The result has been a lot of late nights and lunch hours that have kept my writing sharp and provided a rewarding and most welcome sense of fulfillment. This was always supposed to be fun -- it certainly isn't profitable, at least not in a monetary sense -- and it overwhelmingly has been. Thanks to each and every one of you, whether a regular reader or the occasional lurker, who stops by to see what's here.

I'm not certain that I have the proper mix of topics that will keep me happiest. As I look back on more than 300 posts "on baseball, pop culture, and other important matters" since last June 15, I notice a great deal of baseball, a more modest amount of pop culture, and a handful of other myriad topics thrown in. The daily nature of the baseball season makes that an obvious topic for posting, but I'd like to balance things more so that what I write about better reflects my interests (TV, movies, books, music, the media, fatherhood, the lovely missus, good beer, current events, etc.).

Well, that's probably more than you needed to know, anyway. Feedback (e-mail, IM, carrier pigeon) is always encouraged, whether it's on something you see here or something you'd like to see. Peace ... let's go, Phillies ... and keep reading!

5 Comments:

At June 21, 2004 at 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. Always a pleasure to read...

 
At June 21, 2004 at 5:01 PM, Blogger The Art of Rory said...

Thanks!

 
At June 22, 2004 at 4:21 PM, Blogger The Art of Rory said...

Or an overly sarcastic and ironic younger brother... .

 
At June 23, 2004 at 2:23 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At June 23, 2004 at 2:24 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Although I am a guy, I'd like to apply for the "tart" position. Oh, wait a minute, "tart" was used as an adjective here. Never mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home